Thursday, April 05, 2007

Destroying the Death Star

There are moments in life that change you. In a year of first for me, I found today to be unique. It all began during a class today as I passed out an essay assignment. When getting the assignment, a future inmate of a Federal Correctional Facility responded, “Mr. Prez, you are a massive Douche Bag” in anger, inciting a near riot in class. Many…and I mean many… would agree, but I digress…I was offended. This boy should have been tossed out years before my arrival. It is like dealing with two year old excrement.

Now for those of you who have known me for a while, you know my gusto for expletives has practically no bounds. I have been talking like a Saigon Whore since I was in the second grade, when my rage could no longer be caged.

As I have grown older, my vocabulary has become more Avant-Garde and I have mellowed out. However, in the category of expletives, I have remained a consistent source of vitriol for all who deserve it.

Almost amazingly, in the classroom I have transitioned into the “Czar of the Language Reprimand ”. In my position as educator, I have graduated to the rank of “Hypocritous Elitous”. I am no grammar ho, I don’t tell people how they butcher the English language. Even so, if I could refrain from swearing and talking like an illigitimate inbread moron in school for 20 years, anyone can.

In a twist, I have also been known to have an Ultimate Warrior/ Incredible Hulk style explosion when I am disrespected. You wouldn’t like me when I am angry.

After what will forever be known as “The Kid who will suck at life D-Bag Incident”, I found myself filling out paper work for the student's eventual 2 hours in ISS with a smile. I didn’t use my fists, diabolical verbiage, or dark sarcasm in the face of stupidity. I valued my position, my pay check, and I bottled the rage. Actually....I did use Dark Sarcasm. Sorry Roger Waters...its just how I role.

I was rewarded by Karma in the end. The song that blared from my car radio just happened to be a certain GnR classic.

It was then, …in the car, …that I realized I should have formed a G n R tribute band back in ‘91. I would be an awesome guitarist by now....


Hey, what can I say...the track we take to our Epiphany’s don’t always make sense people…


With a three day weekend to mull over some options, the Prez will return in the perfect sequel to "From Russia with Love", entitled "From Rhode Island with Affection". See you then!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home